What is legal proceeding certificate?
A Legal Proceedings Certificate or LPC is prima facie evidence of any entry made in the Trade Marks Register. As is the case in most countries, intellectual property offices (the Registrar of Trade Marks in case of India) issue a certificate of registration of a trademark.
How do I get a legal proceeding trademark certificate?
The High Court further observed that while it is true that trademark registration is a matter of record and that the registration can be accessed by visiting the Trade Marks Registry’s website, in order for the Court to consider the registration, documentary evidence in the form of either the trademark registration …
What is trademark certificate?
Section 2(1) (e) of Indian Trade Marks Act defines a certification mark as “a mark capable of distinguishing the goods or services in connection with which it is used in the course of trade which are certified by the proprietor of the mark in respect of origin, material, mode of manufacture of goods or performance of …
How much does it cost to register a trademark?
The USPTO charges a flat fee of either $250.00 or $350.00 PER CLASS OF GOODS. This means that the USPTO doesn’t charge the applicant, per trademark, but rather according to how many different types of goods/services the applicant intends on selling under the trademark.
How do I register my brand name?
Here’s how you can apply for trademark:
- Decide on your unique brand name and logo. …
- Conduct an online search. …
- Fill-in the trademark application. …
- Filing for the brand name registration application. …
- Scrutinizing of your brand name registration application. …
- Publication in Indian Trade Mark Journals.
How long does it take to register a trademark?
Ans: Trademark Registration is a lengthy process and it takes around 18-24 months to obtain registration in a straight-forward case, without any objections or oppositions. However, the trademark application number is usually issued within one or 2 days after filing.
What are the three types of trademark?
General Types of Trademarks
- Generic Mark.
- Suggestive Mark.
- Descriptive Mark.
- Arbitrary Mark.
- Fanciful Mark.
What are examples of trademark?
Types of trademarks include:
- Brand names like Apple, McDonald’s, and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Product names like iPod and Big Mac.
- Company logos like the golden arches at McDonald’s and NBC’s peacock logo.
- Slogans like Capital One’s “What’s in your wallet?” and McDonald’s “I’m lovin’ it”