What does this safety symbol represent?
The symbol informs individuals about the presence of hazardous materials or chemicals, or a hazardous environment and instructs on how to remain safe or the possible consequences if not avoided.
What is safety sign and symbols?
Safety signs and symbols are important safety communicating tools, they help to indicate various hazards that present in plant site or workplace. At the same time, they warn workers to always keep watching out for those hazards by giving required information and safety instructions.
What does a warning sign symbolize?
A warning sign is a type of sign which indicates a potential hazard, obstacle, or condition requiring special attention. Some are traffic signs that indicate hazards on roads that may not be readily apparent to a driver. … The warning signs usually contain a symbol.
What are the six safety symbols?
Quick Guide to the 6 Types of Safety Signs Your Workplace Needs
- Prohibition Signs – CAN’T DO. …
- Mandatory Signs – MUST DO. …
- Danger Signs – KILL YOU. …
- Warning Signs – HURT YOU. …
- Emergency Information Signs – SAFETY FIRST. …
- Fire Signs – FIRE EQUIP.
What are the 9 hazard symbols?
Hazard pictograms (symbols)
- Explosive (Symbol: exploding bomb)
- Flammable (Symbol: flame)
- Oxidising (Symbol: flame over circle)
- Corrosive (Symbol: corrosion)
- Acute toxicity (Symbol: skull and crossbones)
- Hazardous to the environment (Symbol: environment)
What are the 4 categories of signs?
The main signs are categorized into four meaning types:
- Guidance (white characters on blue in general – on green in expressways),
- Warning (black characters and symbols on yellow diamond),
- Regulation (red or blue circle, depending on prohibition or regulation),