Where is the Symbol option in MS Word?
From the Insert command tab, in the Symbols group, click SYMBOL » select More Symbols… The Symbol dialog box appears. The special character appears in your document.
How do I insert symbols in Word?
To insert a symbol:
- From the Insert tab, click Symbol.
- Choose the symbol that you want from the drop-down list. If the symbol is not in the list, click More Symbols. In the font box, choose the font you are using, click the symbol you want to insert, and select Insert.
What is the use of the symbols option?
Symbol option is used to add different symbols in ms word .
What are special symbols in MS Word?
3. Shortcuts for Special Characters
|Special Character||Shortcut||Autocorrect Option|
|Trademark symbol (™)||Ctrl + Alt + T||Write “TM” in parentheses|
|Registered trademark symbol (®)||Ctrl + Alt + R||“R” in parentheses|
|Copyright symbol (©)||Ctrl + Alt + C||“C” in parentheses|
|Closed Ellipsis (…)||Ctrl + Alt + .||Three periods without spaces|
How can you type special characters?
To insert a special character by using the Unicode value:
- In your document, position the insertion point where you want the special character to appear.
- Press and hold down the ALT key while you type the four number Unicode value for the character.
What is this symbol called?
This table contains special characters.
|Symbol||Name of the Symbol||Similar glyphs or related concepts|
|⟨ ⟩||Angle brackets||Bracket, Parenthesis, Greater-than sign, Less-than sign|
|‘ ‘||Apostrophe||Quotation mark, Guillemet, Prime, foot (unit), minute|
What are the special characters?
A special character is one that is not considered a number or letter. Symbols, accent marks, and punctuation marks are considered special characters. Similarly, ASCII control characters and formatting characters like paragraph marks are also special characters.