Why do I have weird symbols on my Word document?
In Word, these markers indicate the ends of paragraphs, and are created when you press RETURN at the end of a line. … If you do not want to see these markers, click on the Show/Hide icon in the Paragraph group on the Home tab.
How do I remove special characters from a Word document?
On the “Home” tab, click “Replace” or just press Ctrl+H. In the “Find What” box, delete any existing text or characters and then type a single hyphen character.
How do I turn on Show hide in Word for Mac?
Do one of the following:
- Show invisibles: Choose View > Show Invisibles (from the View menu at the top of your screen). Note: The View button in the toolbar doesn’t have this command.
- Hide invisibles: Choose View > Hide Invisibles.
How do you show invisible in Word on a Mac?
I’ve mentioned before that Pages has a way that you can show and hide what it dubs invisible characters, so if you need to see paragraph returns, tabs, spaces, and so on, it’s as simple as pressing Shift-Command-I or choosing View > Show Invisibles in that program.
How do I remove the Pilcrow symbol in Word?
How to Turn Off the Paragraph Symbol in Word
- Click the “File” button at the top-left of the window. …
- Click “Options” at the bottom of the “File” pane. …
- Click the “Display” button on the top-left side of the “Word Options” window.
- Click the box next to “Paragraph marks” to remove the check from the box.
How do I remove all symbols in Word?
An easy way to remove unwanted characters is through the Find and Replace option within the Word document.
- Click on the Edit menu to locate the Find and Replace tab. …
- Once you click on the “Replace” button, insert the word or character you wish to remove from the document under the “Find What” field.
How do I turn off the weird symbols on my keyboard?
press CTRL+SHIFT (press CTRL first and while holding press SHIFT, sometimes you have to do it twice in a row to disable.)