What are the 8 Whmis symbols?
WHMIS 2015 GHS Symbol Meaning & Guide
- Exploding Bomb (Explosive)
- Flame (Flammable)
- IFlame Over Circle (Oxidizing)
- Gas Cylinder (Gases Under Pressure)
- Skull & Crossbones (Acute Toxicity)
- Health Hazard.
- Exclamation Mark (Health Hazards)
What hazard class does this Whmis 1988 symbol represent?
New System – WHMIS 2015
|WHMIS 1988 Hazard Class||WHMIS 2015 Hazard Class|
|A||Gases Under Pressure|
|B1 to B6||Flammables, Self-heating, Emit Flammable Gases, Pyrophoric Gases, Liquids & Solids Organic Peroxides|
|C||Oxidizing Gases, Liquids, Solids|
|D1||Acute Toxicity – Oral, Dermal, Inhalation|
Where would you find a compressed gas symbol?
Class A – Compressed Gas
The explosion symbol is often found on small consumer containers of products stored under pressure.
What are the 9 hazard symbols?
Hazard pictograms (symbols)
- Explosive (Symbol: exploding bomb)
- Flammable (Symbol: flame)
- Oxidising (Symbol: flame over circle)
- Corrosive (Symbol: corrosion)
- Acute toxicity (Symbol: skull and crossbones)
- Hazardous to the environment (Symbol: environment)
What are the 5 Whmis symbols?
WHMIS 2015/GHS Symbols & Their Meanings
- Exploding Bomb (Explosion or reactivity hazards) …
- Flame (Fire hazard) …
- Flame Over Circle (Oxidizing hazards) …
- Gas Cylinder (Gases under pressure) …
- Corrosion (Corrosive damage to metals, skin, eyes) …
- Skull & Crossbones (Can cause death or toxicity with short exposure to small amounts)
What products have explosive symbols?
Usually you will see the triangle with the explosive symbol inside it. Examples include aerosol cans, such as hair spray or spray paint. Product is corrosive and will burn skin, eyes, throat, or stomach. Examples include oven cleaner and toilet bowl cleaner.
What are the 4 hazard categories?
|Hazard Class||Associated Hazard Category|
|Gases under pressure||4 Groups include: Compressed gas, Liquefied gas, Dissolved gas, and Refrigerated liquefied gas|
|Flammable liquids||Categories 1 – 4|
|Flammable solids||Categories 1 and 2|
|Self-reactive substances||Types A-G|
What is the R hazard symbol?
The symbol for dangerously reactive materials is a picture of a test tube with sparks or lines coming out of the tube surrounded by a letter “R” inside a circle.
What is the main purpose or goal of WHMIS?
It is implemented through complementary federal, provincial and territorial laws. Originally established in 1988, the purpose of WHMIS is to ensure employers and workers receive consistent and comprehensive health and safety information about the hazardous products they may be exposed to at work.