What are the 4 hazard symbols?
Hazard pictograms (symbols)
- Explosive (Symbol: exploding bomb)
- Flammable (Symbol: flame)
- Oxidising (Symbol: flame over circle)
- Corrosive (Symbol: corrosion)
- Acute toxicity (Symbol: skull and crossbones)
- Hazardous to the environment (Symbol: environment)
What are the 4 major hazard categories?
|Hazard Class||Associated Hazard Category|
|Gases under pressure||4 Groups include: Compressed gas, Liquefied gas, Dissolved gas, and Refrigerated liquefied gas|
|Flammable liquids||Categories 1 – 4|
|Flammable solids||Categories 1 and 2|
|Self-reactive substances||Types A-G|
What are the 4 new Whmis symbols?
- Exploding Bomb (Explosion or reactivity hazards) …
- Flame (Fire hazard) …
- Flame Over Circle (Oxidizing hazards) …
- Gas Cylinder (Gases under pressure) …
- Corrosion (Corrosive damage to metals, skin, eyes) …
- Skull & Crossbones (Can cause death or toxicity with short exposure to small amounts)
Where do you find hazard symbols?
They are included on the packaging of substances to guide you as to the type of hazard it is. These COSHH symbols give you a good indication of the main dangers and risks associated with the substance.
What are safety symbols?
Safety symbols, hazard symbols or safety labels are meaningful and recognizable graphical symbols that warn of or identify hazards associated with the location or item.
What are the 3 classification of hazard?
All hazards are assessed and categorized into three groups: biological, chemical and physical hazards.
What are the 8 Whmis symbols?
WHMIS 2015 GHS Symbol Meaning & Guide
- Exploding Bomb (Explosive)
- Flame (Flammable)
- IFlame Over Circle (Oxidizing)
- Gas Cylinder (Gases Under Pressure)
- Skull & Crossbones (Acute Toxicity)
- Health Hazard.
- Exclamation Mark (Health Hazards)
What are the 9 pictograms?
Here’s a look at the nine pictograms.
- Health Hazard. Carcinogen. Mutagenicity. Reproductive Toxicity. Respiratory Sensitizer. Target Organ Toxicity. …
- Gas Cylinder. Gases Under Pressure. Corrosion. Skin Corrosion/Burns. Eye Damage. Corrosive to Metals. …
- Flame Over Circle. Oxidizers. Environment. (Non-Mandatory) Aquatic Toxicity.