How do I get the paragraph symbols off of Word?
Step 1. Head to File > Options > Display. Step 2. Under Always show these formatting marks on the screen, uncheck the box next to Paragraph marks.
What is the shortcut to get rid of the paragraph symbol in Word?
Quickly toggle formatting marks
To turn formatting marks on or off, do the following: In the message window, on the Format Text tab, in the Paragraph group, click the button that looks like a paragraph mark. (When you point your mouse at the button, the tooltip says Show/Hide ¶). Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+*.
How do I get rid of paragraph marks in Word for Mac?
Word for Mac OS X
- From the Word menu, select Preferences….
- Select View.
- In the section titled “Nonprinting characters”, check or uncheck the appropriate boxes to view the marks of your choice. Check All to see all formatting marks.
- To save your changes, click OK.
What is a hard return in Word?
Hard returns are used to signify the end of a paragraph, whereas soft returns simply signify the end of a line.
How do I get rid of the Paragraph symbol in pages?
2 Answers. You can enable “Show Invisibles” from View > Show Invisibles or ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + I to see these “invisible” characters in Pages. These are invisibles that appear when the selection highlight goes over their area, and disappear when unhighlighted.
How do I hide formatting in Word?
Show or Hide Formatting Symbols
- Click Home tab.
- Click Show/Hide ¶ button. The hidden formatting symbols are now shown. These symbols represent spaces, new paragraphs, page breaks, and other bits of text and page formatting.
- Click Show/Hide ¶ button again.
What is the keyboard shortcut for Paragraph symbol?
Keyboard shortcuts for Legal Symbols: Windows and Macs
|§||Section||Alt + 0167|
|¶||Paragraph||Alt + 0182|
|©||Copyright||Alt + 0169|
|™||Trademark||Alt + 0153|
Why are there blue paragraph symbols in Word?
In a Word 2016 document, when show hidden formatting symbols is turned on, sometimes the paragraph markers are blue, and sometimes they’re black.
How do you show line breaks in Word?
Show or hide tab marks in Word
- Go to File > Options > Display.
- Under Always show these formatting marks on the screen, select the check box for each formatting mark that you always want to display regardless if the Show/Hide. button is turned on or off. Clear any check boxes for ones you don’t want always displayed.
What is the dot key on Mac?
|–||en-dash. Option, then minus sign||Option+-|