How do I hide the Apple logo on my MacBook?
The Apple logo on newer Macbooks is 1.83″ high x 1.50″. To cover the logo we recommend ordering a 2″ x 2″ laptop sticker. Note that if you want to block the light from the Apple logo, you should choose a black transfer sticker instead.
How do I get the lock icon on my Mac?
Launch Keychain Access and go to Preferences. In the General tab, check the box for “Show keychain status in menu bar.” This will add a padlock icon to your system’s menu bar. Select this icon and you’ll see several options, the first of which is “Lock Screen.”
Why do Youtubers cover Apple logo?
First of all, a trademark owner may demand a licensing fee to display their logo, particularly if someone has created their own product and slapped a trademarked brand’s logo on it. … If a broadcaster doesn’t want to simply give away airtime to the likes of Apple or Nike, they’ll cover up the logo to prevent that.
How do I reset a Macbook Air 2020?
Here’s how: Hold down Control + Command + power/eject/Touch ID at the same time until the screen goes black and you hear the restart sound. After the sound plays, let go of the keys and let the MacBook Air start up.
Why won’t my Macbook Pro Go past the login screen?
Press and hold the Shift key while pressing the power button to restart your Mac. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo and loading bar. Uncheck login items in Users & Groups after your Mac loads successfully in Safe Mode.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
On a Mac laptop:
- Shut down the MacBook.
- Unplug and then reconnect the power cable.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Option/Alt keys and the power button at the same time.
- Now release all those keys and the power button at the same time.
- You may see the light on the power cable flicker.
- Restart your MacBook.
How do I take off the lock on my Mac?
How to turn off the password on your Mac computer
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences.” …
- Select “Security and Privacy.” …
- Untick the box labeled “Requires Password.” …
- Enter your Mac’s password in the pop-up window. …
- Confirm your choice by clicking “Turn off screen lock.”
How do you remove the BIOS lock on a Mac?
How to turn off a firmware password
- Start up from macOS Recovery. …
- When the utilities window appears, click Utilities in the menu bar, then choose Startup Security Utility or Firmware Password Utility.
- Click Turn Off Firmware Password.
- Enter the firmware password again when prompted.
Why is there a locked library folder on my Mac?
By default, the User Library folder is hidden in Mac OS 10.7 and above. … Most users won’t need to get into this important folder, and it was Apple’s idea to hide the folder, to prevent novice users from accidentally trashing important docs.