How do I insert special characters in Word?
Inserting Special Characters
- Place the insertion point where the special character will be inserted.
- From the Insert command tab, in the Symbols group, click SYMBOL » select More Symbols… …
- Select the Special Characters tab.
- From the Character scroll box, select the desired character.
- Click INSERT.
How do you type the male symbol on a Mac?
These characters can be directly entered if you have the Unicode Hex Input selected (System Preferences : Keyboard : Input Sources) from the Finder Input menu in the menu bar, and by pressing option+2642, or option+2640, for male and female symbols respectively.
How do you insert the female symbol in Word?
The male symbol ♂ is the astrological symbol for Mars and the female symbol ♀ is the astrological symbol for Venus. To insert ♂/♀ in Microsoft word (PC version), use the “Insert/Symbol…” funtion on the menu.
How do I type special characters?
Inserting ASCII characters
To insert an ASCII character, press and hold down ALT while typing the character code. For example, to insert the degree (º) symbol, press and hold down ALT while typing 0176 on the numeric keypad.
How do I insert symbols in Word?
To insert a symbol:
- From the Insert tab, click Symbol.
- Choose the symbol that you want from the drop-down list. If the symbol is not in the list, click More Symbols. In the font box, choose the font you are using, click the symbol you want to insert, and select Insert.
What does this mean ⚤?
A symbol used to convey bisexuality, showing a female sign and male sign interlocked. Interlocked Female and Male Sign was approved as part of Unicode 4.1 in 2005.
Where is the male Emoji?
A circle shown with a diagonal arrow pointing out the top-right, used as a representation for men. Male Sign was approved as part of Unicode 1.1 in 1993 and added to Emoji 4.0 in 2016.
How do I get Word on my Mac?
Launch an Office for Mac app and start the activation process
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
- Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
- The What’s New window opens automatically when you launch Word. Click Get Started to start activating.